[CSD Math MS] ISD: Utah Council of Teachers of Mathematics Board Positions & Conference

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Tue Sep 28 09:48:08 MDT 2021

Secondary Math Teachers,

This email contains information about the Utah Council of Teachers of Mathematics (UCTM) (information and action)

  *   UCTM Board Openings
  *   UCTM Annual conference

UCTM Board Position Openings

The Utah Council of Teachers of Mathematics (UCTM) has openings on its board and I’d like to invite you to apply!  Rachel and I have both served on the board as the middle school rep (Rachel) and secretary (Allison) for the past 5 years and being on the board has provided great networking and leadership opportunities for us.  Their main responsibility of the UCTM board is to plan and run their annual mathematics conference.  It’s been a lot of fun to work with other educators across the state while organizing the conference.  The commitment is a 1-hour meeting once a month (over zoom) and meetings twice a month as you get closer to the conference dates.

The following positions are available:

  *   President Elect
  *   Middle School Rep

If you are interested in running for any of the positions, please email: Kelli Keyes at kkeyes at sjsd.org<mailto:kkeyes at sjsd.org>

UCTM Annual Conference

After a long hiatus (thank COVID), the UCTM annual conference is back!  Mark your calendars for February 25 and 26, 2022 at Davis High School.  The keynote speaker is Francis Su, author of “Mathematics for Human Flourishing”.  More information to come!

Thanks

Rachel & Allison