[CSD Math MS] ISD: Reimbursement

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Tue Sep 8 11:59:27 MDT 2020

Dear Secondary Math Teachers,

This email contains information about the reimbursement for costs related to obtaining a secondary mathematics endorsement: level 2, 3, 4 or SPED.  (Information and action)

Reimbursement for Endorsement costs:
Previously we had been informed that the STEM reimbursement program had been discontinued for this year.  We have received communication from USBE that they have enough carry over funds from last year to fund the program this year.

The funding is to pay for the endorsement courses listed below that were started after July 1, 2020.  Application for reimbursement goes through Canyons School District.

SECONDAY ENDORSEMENTS:
Will be reimbursed up to $1200 per course
Secondary Mathematics: Level 2
Secondary Mathematics: Level 3
Secondary Mathematics: Level 4
Secondary Mathematics for Special Education
Requirements to apply for reimbursement include:

  *   Starting the class after July 1, 2020.
  *   At least 3 credit hours from accredited institution of higher education (UtSTA courses count)
  *   Have a grade of C or higher
  *   Submit course transcripts showing credit hours and grades
  *   Submit receipt showing tuition and materials costs
If you have already applied for reimbursement for Summer 2020 classes, you do not need to apply again unless you are seeking reimbursement for Fall 2020 classes.

If you will meet these requirements please apply by completing the form linked here<https://forms.gle/e1WPzgSYcSmq3HmL9> by Friday, September 25, 2020.

Frequently Asked Questions<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yaKIl7cB3kpC5Ln1XXQWGbeqLa1k9KcGUC_rBbQ57Xs/edit>

USBE has stated that we will have this funding for the fiscal year 2021 (which ends in June 2021).  This means that we will be able to provide reimbursement for classes taken in Spring 2021. So, if you are thinking of taking classes in the spring, we will be able to reimburse you for those classes.  We will send an email out in January with that application.

If you have any questions, please contact Allison Duncan (High School Math) or Rachel Marshall (Middle School Math)

Thanks,
ISD Secondary Math Team
Allison Duncan
Rachel Marshall