[CSD Math MS] ISD: Secondary Math HYPE Thursday September 12th

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Fri Sep 6 14:02:40 MDT 2019

Secondary Math Teachers,

This email contains information about the Secondary Math HYPE on Thursday, September 12th (information and action).

Secondary Math HYPE

Next Thursday (09/12) is our first Secondary Math HYPE class - Getting Students to Talk About Math:  an essential component of task-based instruction is kids talking to each other about the content.  In this session you will learn strategies to support even the most reluctant student when talking to their peers about math.

It will be held at the Crescent Building (same as last year) from 4:00 to 6:30 pm.

STIPEND UPDATE $$$$: due to loss of funding, we will no longer be able to offer the Math HYPE Stipend that we have offered the past two years.  However, teachers can still work towards receiving the general HYPE stipend and USBE credit by attending the Math HYPE classes along with their other HYPE classes.

Be sure to register on MIDAS: https://usbe.midaseducation.com/site.php?page_id=1210 course # 31891

Currently we have two teachers registered.  If less than 5 teachers sign up, we will have to cancel the class.

Thank you,

Allison Duncan
Rachel Marshall
ISD Secondary Math Team