[CSD Math MS] ISD: Secondary Math HYPE 11/07

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Thu Nov 7 11:22:01 MST 2019

Secondary Math Teachers,

This email contains information about the structure for the November Math HYPE (information and action).

November Math HYPE: Increasing Student Talk in the Math Classroom

In order to make the secondary math HYPEs more accessible to teachers, we have changed the structure of the November Math HYPE.  Instead of coming to a class tonight, we have created an online module in Canvas for you to complete on your own time.  This is due to feedback that teachers want to participate, but can’t make it to the class afterschool and would like an online option.

In order to complete the class and receive credit that “you attended”, you will need to self-enroll in the Secondary HYPE Canvas course:  https://canyons.instructure.com/enroll/X99F9Y

On the home page scroll down and click on the link for the Math Module.
Click on “Increasing Student Talk Part 1” and begin the module.

Once you have submitted your final assignment, you will receive “credit” in MIDAS for attending.

You have until November 21st to complete the module for credit.

This means there is NO MATH HYPE Class tonight.

Thank you,

ISD Secondary Math Team
Allison Duncan
Rachel Marshall