[CSD Math MS] ISD: Letter sent to parents regarding new curriculum adoptions

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Tue Jul 30 09:25:04 MDT 2019

Secondary Math Teachers,

This email contains information about the letter that was sent out to parents regarding our new math curriculum adoptions (information).

Parent Letter

In order to help prepare parents for the shift in teaching and curriculum (Illustrative Mathematics and Mathematics Vision Project) in secondary mathematics, we (Rachel and Allison) sent out a letter to parents informing them of the upcoming changes.

Attached to this email is the letter and brochure that was sent out to parents of 6th – 9th grade students.

As stated in the letter, we will be holding parent information nights to explain and model, in more detail, to parents what their students will be experiencing in the classroom and what they should expect at home and what resources are available to parents and students outside of the classroom.

You are all invited to attend these parent nights as well so that you know how to support and answer any follow-up questions parents may have for you.

Thank you,

Allison Duncan
Rachel Marshall
Secondary Math Leads