[CSD Math MS] FW: Core Academy Registration
ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Fri Apr 11 08:13:06 MDT 2014
The USOE core academy registration opens on Monday, the 14th. This conference is free and it is the last year USOE will be offering the core academy. These academies are great opportunities to help you gain a deeper understanding of the math standards and practice standards. It's also a great way to network with other teachers around the state who are implementing the core.
If possible, we highly encourage you to attend in June.
Allison & Mindy
From: <Suddreth>, Diana <Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov<mailto:Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov>>
Date: Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:03 PM
Subject: FW: Core Academy Registration
From: Hall, Tiffany
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:09 AM
Subject: Core Academy Registration
To Curriculum Directors and Subject-Area Specialists: please forward this email to your teachers. Thank you!
Open Registration begins on Monday, April 14 for all courses in the 2014 Utah Standards Academy! We invite all teachers to review the schedule and course descriptions<http://www.schools.utah.gov/CURR/main/Core-Academy/Academy-2014-Information-web-3-5-14.aspx> and sign up for a session today!
Registration was staggered so there are still seats for all courses and locations. Register as soon as possible to make sure you get the course and location you want: directions are below.
1. Go to usoe.truenorthlogic.com</ia/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP>
2. Login to OnTrack:
Password: CACTUS ID Number What is my CACTUS ID Number?<https://www.uen.org/cactus/logon.do>
3. On the OnTrack homepage (after you have logged in), select the Professional Learning tab.
4. To register for any of the Academy courses, search the course title Utah Standards Academy. (Searching for “Core Academy” will NOT work.)
5. When the search results return, select the blue course title for the course you want to attend (Subject and Grade Level). If you are registering for Elementary Mathematics or Elementary Language Arts: there are both Level 1 and Level 2 courses. Make sure you select the appropriate level.
6. On the next screen, select the Register button next to the location/date that you would like to attend.
7. On the next screen, select the Next button which will complete the registration process.
8. You will receive a registration email to the email address that you have listed in OnTrack.
Frequently asked questions about the registration process:
1. What courses are available, and where, this summer?
The schedule of courses and course descriptions can be viewed here<http://www.schools.utah.gov/CURR/main/Core-Academy/Academy-2014-Information-web-3-5-14.aspx>.
2. Why can’t I find the course on OnTrack?
Please remember when searching for courses, they are now called “Utah Standards Academy” not “Core Academy.”
3. What happens if the course I want is already full?
You can register in a different location or add your name to the waiting list. We usually have several people who drop before the session starts; you will receive an email when your name is moved from the waiting list to the course. Some courses and locations will fill quickly; there are only ten locations this year.
4. Is there credit or a stipend for attending Academy?
Credit is available for participants who complete the Academy (1 USOE credit for two-day courses; 2 USOE credits for four-day courses). There is no option for partial credit. University credit is not available. The USOE does not provide a stipend for attending, although participants will receive all materials, lunch, and snacks. And, you will have a wonderful experience with your colleagues in a professional learning environment!
K-12 Literacy Coordinator/Library Media
Utah State Office of Education
Please note: Utah has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state employees regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CSDMath-MS