[CSD Math MS] Healthy STEM

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Mon May 6 11:43:06 MDT 2013

Good morning all!

The weather is getting warmer and school will be out before you know it and you all know what that means….Summer Math Training!  Woo woo!!!!!

And then after that, it's only slightly just as excited because it's Summer VACATION!!

And with summer vacation comes even warmer weather and time to shed the winter wardrobe.

Looking for a way to get in shape for your summer clothes?  Then join us for the first annual Healthy STEM 5k run sponsored by USOE in partnership with Selecthealth.

"Come and exercise your mind and your body!  This 5k event is designed for students, parents, and educators to come and engage in Healthy STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) experiences with the community.  Participants will receive a Healthy STEM t-shirt and water bottle"   Now tell me, who does not want a free water bottle????

We are all the "M" in STEM!!!  So come on out and show your support for STEM.  I will be running the event, along with my fellow EBL STEM-ers…The race is Saturday, June 1st at 7:30 am at the Salt Lake Center for Science Education (1400 W Goodwin Ave, SLC UT  84116)

Register online at http://healthystem.eventbrite.com

I have attached a flyer with more information.

Hope to see you all there!!!

Allison