[CSD Math MS] NEW Utah Core Statistics Training

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Wed Mar 20 08:58:34 MDT 2013

Good morning!

Attached you find a flyer that outlines 3 dates for classes you can take to help you brush up on your statistics for implementation of the new Utah Core Standards next year in 9th and 10th grade.  The new statistics standards are NOT the same as the "old statistics" standards.  These classes are being offered through a partnership we have formed with HawkWatch International.  Next year our 9th and 10th grade CORE classes will have the opportunity to use live data from Hawkwatch and have the birds in their classroom.  More information about this opportunity at our June training.

For the statistics training, EBL will pay for your sub AND pay the $20 registration fee.

Register on USOE's on track.  The course number is 48333 and the title is Statistics in the Common Core.   A flyer is attached.

The training is going to be held at the University of Utah, in the Naval Services Bldg.  I am including a map, if you enter naval services, it will zoom in on the building.  Participants should park in the parking lot #33 (we will provide parking validations).

http://www.map.utah.edu?&xmin=427768.8&ymin=4512827.8&xmax=428854.7&ymax=4513566.0&aerial=off<http://www.map.utah.edu/?&xmin=427768.8&ymin=4512827.8&xmax=428854.7&ymax=4513566.0&aerial=off>

Thanks!

Allison