[CSD Math MS] More information on the training: All Things Rational course

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Tue Jan 15 10:37:10 MST 2013

________________________________
From: Joleigh Honey [Joleigh.Honey at slcschools.org<mailto:Joleigh.Honey at slcschools.org>]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 3:41 PM
Subject: All Things Rational course

Great news!!

The All Things Rational course will be held at Glendale Middle School (1430 W Andrew Avenue). Check out the flyer for dates and details. Participants will receive 2.0 CACTUS credits upon completion of the course. If you are teaching mathematics (from grades 6 – 12) from the new Core, you will be sure to gain knowledge and ideas to increase student understanding of ALL things Rational.

Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions you may have. You may also email Dawn Barson (dwhitebarson at yahoo.com<mailto:dwhitebarson at yahoo.com> ) or Sharon Christenson (sharonchristensen at alpinedistrict.org<mailto:sharonchristensen at alpinedistrict.org> ) with questions.

Thanks,
Joleigh Honey

Joleigh Honey
K-12 Mathematics Supervisor/MESA Supervisor
Salt Lake City School District
w: (801) 578-8295
c: (801) 518-6953

Here is the former email that went out (except it did not have the location information—thank you Glendale for hosting!!)

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce that we will be offering the ALL THINGS RATIONAL course in Salt Lake district! Don’t miss the opportunity to come together with other mathematics professionals to examine classroom  practices that promote depth of  understanding of these important, but frequently misunderstood concepts in the middle school mathematics curriculum (grades 6-11). The instructors of this course will start with how to unravel student misconceptions about rational numbers, then progress into teaching practices that can be used immediately in our classrooms. If you have not taken this course yet, be sure to sign up!

Since this is first come, first serve, be sure to sign up before it becomes full. The class will be conducted in Salt Lake at Glendale Middle School (1430 W Andrew Avenue). Be sure to download the attached flyer for more details!

To register , visit: http://usoe.truenorthlogic.com
Course number: 48037
Keyword Search: All Things Rational

Thanks,
Joleigh Honey

Joleigh Honey
K-12 Mathematics Supervisor/MESA Supervisor
Salt Lake City School District
w: (801) 578-8295
c: (801) 518-6953

Scanned By Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange