[CSD Math MS] PD Opportunity: All Things Rational in SLSD

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Wed Jan 9 11:29:02 MST 2013

Great PD opportunity!  See attached flyer for details.

From: <Suddreth>, Diana <Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov<mailto:Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov>>
Date: Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:26 PM
Subject: All Things Rational in SLSD

Hello everyone,

Salt Lake School District, with support from the USOE, is happy to announce that we will be offering the ALL THINGS RATIONAL course in Salt Lake district! Don’t miss the opportunity to come together with other mathematics professionals to examine classroom  practices that promote depth of  understanding of these important, but frequently misunderstood concepts in the secondary school mathematics curriculum (grades 6-11). The instructors of this course will start with how to unravel student misconceptions about rational numbers, then progress into teaching practices that can be used immediately in our classrooms. If you have not taken this course yet, be sure to sign up!

Since this is first come, first serve, be sure to sign up before it becomes full. The class will be conducted in Salt Lake, with location to be determined soon. This course will open statewide sometime next week. Be sure to download the attached flyer for more details!

To register , visit: http://usoe.truenorthlogic.com
Course number: 48037
Keyword Search: All Things Rational
Please let Joleigh Honey Joleigh.Honey at slcschools.org<mailto:Joleigh.Honey at slcschools.org> know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Joleigh Honey
K-12 Mathematics Supervisor/MESA Supervisor
Salt Lake City School District
w: (801) 578-8295
c: (801) 518-6953

Scanned By Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange