[CSD Math MS] USOE Core Academy

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Mon Apr 1 10:04:01 MDT 2013

Teachers:  USOE is offering FREE training on the new Utah Core State Standards.  Teachers who have attended in the past have raved about the training and walk away with TONS of resources for implementing the new core.

The training will take place June 24th – 27th at Murray HS in Murray Utah.  This does NOT conflict with any of the trainings Canyons is requiring this summer.  YAY!!  :)

I would encourage all of you to attend if possible, especially if you are going to be teaching Secondary I or Secondary II (9th and 10th grade) for the first time next year.  You will not only come away with resources, but you'll be able to network with teachers from across the state who have taught these courses.  There will also be a Secondary III class that will be VERY informative.

Open registration for the summer core academy begins today!  We have sessions in mathematics covering grades K-11.  Don’t miss out.

To register for the Core Academy beginning on April 1st, complete the following:

1)      Go to http://usoe.truenorthlogic.com/
2)      Login to OnTrack:
Username: firstname.lastname
Password: CACTUS ID Number (What is my CACTUS ID Number?<https://www.uen.org/cactus/logon.do>)
3)      On the OnTrack homepage (after you have logged in), select the Yellow tab, Professional Learning
4)      To register for any of the Core Academy courses, search the course title Core Academy
5)      When the search results return, select the blue course title for the course you want to attend
6)      On the next screen, select the Register button next to the section/date that you would like to attend
7)      On the next screen select the Next button which will complete the registration process
8)      You will receive a registration email to the email address that you have listed in OnTrack.
How do I change my email address in OnTrack? At the top of the page there is a Sign Out button and also a My Profilebutton. Click the My Profile button and then the Edit button on the next page. You may change or update your password, e-mail address, demographics, and locations from this page.

OnTrack User Help Page: http://schools.utah.gov/cert/Professional-Development/OnTrack.aspx

Please make sure your contact information, especially your email address, is correct before you exit OnTrack. You will receive a confirmation email from OnTrack after you register. You may also receive information from your session facilitators.

Participant information, including the summer calendar of sessions, can be downloaded at http://schools.utah.gov/CURR/main/Core-Academy/Participant-information-2013-v-1.aspx. Addresses and maps for all the sites can be downloaded athttp://usoewebstage/curr/langartelem/Core-Curriculum/2013-Core-Academy-Site-directions-and-info.aspx.

Diana Suddreth, STEM Coordinator
Secondary Mathematics
Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education