[CSD Math MS] Math Teachers needed this summer!

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Fri May 4 16:02:12 MDT 2012

Happy May and CRT Testing to you all!

I hope CRT testing is going well...and that you are all gearing up for summer break...woo woo!

I have sent out emails about this before, but I’m doing one last call.  I need some more math teachers to participate in the Math-in-CTE training this summer.  This program is focused on enhancing math concepts in the CTE classroom as well as provide math teachers with a cross-curricular ideas to use in their classrooms.  Math teachers will work side by side with a CTE teacher to help them identify standards in the CTE curriculum where math is naturally found.  Then they’ll help the CTE teacher develop lesson plans focused on reinforcing the math concepts in the CTE classroom.  Meanwhile, YOU, the math teacher, is getting ideas on how to incorporate cross-curricular concepts into your classroom and will get a plethora of real world examples of when they will actually use math.

I have heard from many of you that you would like to participate, but I still need more teachers.  The dates are:

Math in Engineering: June 27 - 29: I need 1 MS teacher and 1 HS teacher.

Math in FACS (family and consumer science): June 25 – 28: I need 2 MS teachers and 2 High School teachers.

You will receive a very nice stipend for your time and the opportunity to work with someone outside of your dept.!

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested.

Thanks

Allison Duncan