[CSD Math MS] Math CRTs

Duncan, Allison ALLISON.DUNCAN at canyonsdistrict.org
Wed May 2 09:27:12 MDT 2012

Good morning!

It’s that time of year again!  CRT Testing!  Woot woot!

Some of you have already started testing and some will be starting very shortly...so to help dispel some confusion and to prevent potential confusion, let me clarify:

  *   7th grade will be taking the 2007 Utah Math 7 Core CRT as per the state assessment dept.
  *   8th grade will be taking the 2007 Pre-Algebra CRT WITH A NEW NAME: Common Core Math 8 as per the state assessment dept.  Many of our common core math 8 students took Pre-Algebra last year and thus took the Pre-Algebra CRT last year.  Since students cannot take the same test twice, the state assessment dept simply put a new name on an old CRT to solve this problem for now (because there is currently NOT a CRT aligned to the Utah Common Core).  And to ease the burden on you so you don’t have to differentiate between which 8th graders took Math 7 last year and who took Pre-Algebra last year, we are having ALL 8th graders take the  Common Core Math 8 CRT....which is the Pre-Algebra CRT with a new name.

I hope this helps clarify which classes take which test.  As you know, all non-common core classes will take their regularly scheduled CRTs.

Thank you all so much for the hard work this past year with the implementation of 7th and 8th grade.

Happy Wednesday!

The EBL Math Team