[Curriculum Directors] 2019 UETN Technical Summit June 19-20, reminder, Keynote announcement and WiFi Training

Barry Bryson bbryson at uen.org
Fri May 3 12:07:29 MDT 2019

The 2019 UETN Technical Summit will be held June 19th – 20th 2019 at Murray High School.

http://summit.uen.org

The Tech. Summit planning committee is proud to announce some great keynote speakers we have scheduled this year. Day one we will be addressed by Juan Santiago who heads CBRS LTE products at Ruckus Networks. Day two we will hear from Dr. Joseph C. Bentley, who has a diverse background in Management and Psychology and will be helping us tame wicked problems. Both talks will be fascinating.

The committee is seeking more content for the conference. If you plan to present please  fill out the presentation proposal form on this link as soon as possible http://www.uen.org/summit/proposal.php Please fill out the form before you register. The conference committee meets weekly to approve proposals. I anticipate we will need to close submissions in a couple weeks so time is of the essence.

The official location for all information is http://summit.uen.org<http://summit.uen.org/>. If you have not registered yet please do so now so we know how many to plan for and can order this years soon-to-be-famous (and usable) SWAG. All attendees will receive a limited edition UETN Tech. Summit T-shirt again this year. Also everyone is going to love the SWAG this year. In my opinion it will be the best we have ever had. Oh and did I mention the food. We have something new, fun and different for lunch day one.

The SCHED (https://uetntechsummit2019.sched.com) is being built as we speak and is now online and subject to much flux, so you will want to check it often. We have more content being added every day. Also we are adding you to SCHED as you register, so if you have an account already, good, if not you will need to activate an account and/or use the forgot password feature with the E-mail that you used to register with.

A final note. The wireless training this year (5 hours split over two days) is being sponsored by UETN, provided by Wireless LAN Professionals, organized by The Utah Wireless Administrators Group (UWAG) and held during the summit. There will be a separate registration for that class being sent out by UWAG leadership to that list. So if you have interest make sure you join UWAG. It’s free and easy and open to anyone that is administering wireless. Visit https://www.uen.org/tech/uwag.shtml for more information and to join the list. The title of the training is; "Best Practices for Efficient Wireless LANs” and is intended to be a companion and followup to the introductory training that has been held the past several years. Once UWAG members have had a go at it we will post the sign-up link to SCHED and open it to others for any leftover of the limited 30 seats. You need to register for the summit to attend the wireless training.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at a great conference.

Feel free to forward to anyone you feel would benefit by attending.

Questions can be addressed to myself or Joleen Hale; jhale at media.utah.edu<mailto:jhale at media.utah.edu>, 801.581.4647

---

Barry Bryson — 2019 UETN Technical Summit Committee Chair, CETL
Associate Director — Network Planning and Technical Advocacy
the Utah Education and Telehealth Network
801.585.9000
[cid:404FEDB7-3DE1-4C7E-8ACE-2EAF124B10EE at mcsd.murrayschools.org]