[Curriculum Directors] Information: April Board Meeting Highlights

Throndsen, Jennifer Jennifer.Throndsen at schools.utah.gov
Fri May 3 09:59:45 MDT 2019

Good morning Curriculum Directors,

In an attempt to support you in your awareness of changes or additions to Utah's Administrative Code (Board Rules), I plan to prepare a short overview of the rules that have been added, amended, or otherwise altered each month as part of Board Meeting.  I will also include any particular items that might be of special note for your role.  The Rules highlighted in yellow are ones I expect would be most relevant for you to be aware of.

Rule

Title

Status

R277-927

Teacher and Student Success Account Program

NEW

R277-600

Student Transportation Standards and Procedures

Amended

R277-622

School-based Mental Health Qualified Grant

NEW
Grant application being released today

R277-503

Licensing Routes

Amended

R277-716

Alternative Language Services for Utah Students

Amended

R2770733

Adult Education Programs

Amended

R277-462

Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance Program

Repeal and Reenact

R277-604

Private School, Home School, and Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Student Participation in Public School Achievement Tests

Amended

Other Items of Note:
Item

USBE Contact

State Preschool Entry and Exit Profile (PEEP) approved and released for use in the 2019-2020 school year

Cydnee Carter
Liz Williams

Cyclical Review of Standards-developing a timeline and review procedures to create a systems approach to standards review and revision

Jennifer Throndsen

Additional discussion/action will occur in today's committee meeting

Science with Engineering Education (SEEd) Standards-anticipated to be approved June 6th

Ricky Scott

I do hope that this is helpful in supporting the work you lead.  If additional information is desired, please let me know and I'd be happy to make improvements for next month's board meeting highlights.

Thanks,

[https://www.schools.utah.gov/file/e86cd8c6-3b8b-485c-9c86-607484748531]

Jennifer Throndsen, PhD

Director of Teaching and Learning