[Curriculum Directors] Information: RISE update

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Thu Mar 28 07:54:33 MDT 2019

From: Nielsen, Darin
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 6:09 PM
To: assessmentdirectors at lists.uen.org<mailto:assessmentdirectors at lists.uen.org>
Cc: Patty Norman - Lashonda (Patty.Norman at schools.utah.gov<mailto:Patty.Norman at schools.utah.gov>) <Patty.Norman at schools.utah.gov<mailto:Patty.Norman at schools.utah.gov>>
Subject: RISE update

Good evening,

RISE Summative assessments will be going live tomorrow, March 28th!

We thank you for your patience as USBE and Questar worked to resolve reporting issues.  Those issues have been resolved and the system is ready to move forward with the opening of the 2019 Spring Summative testing window.

Just a reminder on which and when RISE assessments are available...

Summative:  March 28 - June 17 (State testing window; LEAs have an 8 week window within those dates)

March 28

  *   ELA (grades 3-8) - no scores are available until after standard validation in Summer 2019
  *   Science (grades 4-5)
  *   Mathematics (grades 3-8; Secondary Math I)
  *   Writing (grades 5 & 8)

April 15

  *   Science (grades 6-8)
  *   Accommodated forms (Braille, Large Print, Assistive Technology) for ELA, Mathematics, and Science assessments

Benchmarks:  currently available - June 17

Interims: not available

Attached is a document sharing information about reporting for each assessment type (Summative, Benchmark) and subject (ELA, Mathematics, Science, Writing).

Darin Nielsen

Assistant Superintendent of Student Learning

Utah State Board of Education

250 E 500 S.

P.O. Box 144200

Salt Lake City, Utah 84144-4200