[Curriculum Directors] Information: RISE and Utah Aspire Plus Updates

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Mon Mar 25 15:22:23 MDT 2019

From: AssessmentDirectors <assessmentdirectors-bounces at lists.uen.org> On Behalf Of Magruder, Amy
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2019 8:19 AM
To: assessmentdirectors at lists.uen.org; Charter Schools Administrators <CharterSchools at schools.utah.gov>
Subject: [Assessment Directors] RISE and Utah Aspire Plus Updates

Good morning,

Please see RISE and Utah Aspire Plus updates below.

RISE

On Friday morning, USBE staff became aware of four issues (see below) that need to be resolved before the RISE summative assessments can be delivered to our students, resulting in a further delay to the opening of the Spring summative window. Questar has been working on these through the weekend (two issues now resolved) and USBE expects the remaining issues will be resolved by March 27th.  We will keep you updated as additional information becomes available. I recognize this delay has impacts in our schools, I apologize for the interruption of service and the resulting disruption to your students and teachers.

1. Writing reporting/scoring - there are codes that are triggered if a student's response meets certain criteria. Those codes are "Duplicate Text" and "Prompt Copy Match." Questar's system is not currently scoring/reporting those codes accurately.
2. Instant score reporting - when a student finishes testing on the last screen he/she sees an "instant score" of how they performed on the test. This instant score is the Proficiency Level and Scale Score. This score reporting is currently not matching up with the business rules USBE and Questar decided on for student reporting.
3. The student report (ISR) is showing "0" under the "Too Few Items Attempted" which should not be appearing. Resolved
4. Possibly still an issue with Writing scoring correctly for "Conventions". Resolved

Utah Aspire Plus
The administration window opens today and the assessment system is ready for use.

Darin Nielsen
Assistant Superintendent of Student Learning
Utah State Board of Education
250 E 500 S.
P.O. Box 144200
Salt Lake City, Utah 84144-4200