[Curriculum Directors] FW: Utah State Board of Education Meeting Agendas for March 7 - 8, 2019
Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Wed Mar 6 08:33:53 MST 2019
In addition to the items below, items that may be of interest to you that are related to T&L:
In Full Board Meeting
* 11.6 R277-720 Competency-based education reimbursement
* 11.7 and 8 SOEP credits in grades 6-8 for graduation
* 12.9 and 10 R277-304 Teacher Preparation Programs and R277-502-4
* 13.2 Changes to the USBE Standards Revision Process
* Finance 1.1 Amendment to Enhancement for Accelerated Students which could impact funding formulas
* Law & Licensing 2.7 and 2.8 Amendments to rules governing Early Literacy and Kindergarten Supplemental Enrichment
* Law & Licensing 2.10 through 2.13 Amendments to licensing rules regarding the standards for the pedagogical assessment
* Standards and Assessment 3.1 Health Standards Revisions
* Standards and Assessment 3.2 Cyclical Standards Review
* Standards and Assessment 3.8 and 3.9 Updates on Science Standards Public Review and DTL
If you have questions about these or any other items, please feel free to ask either through email or at the next CD meeting on March 25.
Diana Suddreth, Director of Teaching & Learning
Utah State Board of Education
250 E. 500 S.
PO Box 144200
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4200
Diana.suddreth at schools.utah.gov<mailto:Diana.suddreth at schools.utah.gov>
From: Peterson, Mark <Mark.Peterson at schools.utah.gov>
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:01 AM
To: Peterson, Mark <Mark.Peterson at schools.utah.gov>
Subject: Utah State Board of Education Meeting Agendas for March 7 - 8, 2019
Utah State Board of Education Meeting Agendas for March 7 - 8, 2019
[image001.gif at 01D3517C]
Complete Agenda and Backup<https://www.boarddocs.com/ut/usbe/Board.nsf/Public>
Board Member Contact Information<https://schools.utah.gov/board/utah/members>
Live Streaming Information<https://www.youtube.com/c/USBEMedia>
Comment on Pending Rule Changes<mailto:rule.comments at schools.utah.gov>
Directions to Meeting<https://www.google.com/maps/place/250+E+500+S,+Salt+Lake+City,+UTemail@example.com,-111.8857749,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x8752f5145326f439:0x68f5cb39f048426b!8m2!3d40.7579335!4d-111.8835862?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjp1Mzmp-fOAhUHyGMKHSJlCrIQ8gEIGzAA>
The Utah State Board of Education (USBE) will hold its monthly meeting<http://www.boarddocs.com/ut/usbe/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=B8CJ56018429> on Thursday, March 7 beginning at 9 a.m. Board committees<http://www.boarddocs.com/ut/usbe/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=B8CJ7D018F8D> will meet on Friday, March 8 beginning at 7:30 a.m. The Board will meet as the Governing Board of the Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind<http://www.boarddocs.com/ut/usbe/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=B8CJ720189F0> on March 8 beginning at 12:45 p.m. These meetings will be held the Board's office, 250 E 500 South, Salt Lake City<https://maps.google.com/?q=250+E+500+South,+Salt+Lake+City&entry=gmail&source=g>. All meetings will be streamed live<https://www.youtube.com/c/USBEMedia>.
Highlights of this month's Board meeting include:
* Review of the ongoing legislative session and Board priorities<http://www.boarddocs.com/ut/usbe/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=B9SU2B64F439>.
* Consideration of forming a group to develop a scope of work for a study<http://www.boarddocs.com/ut/usbe/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=B9H8LL818B81> of Utah's school finance system.
* Consideration of a new rule<http://www.boarddocs.com/ut/usbe/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=B9H8RR81CB9B> aimed at better coordinating teacher preparation programs with classroom needs.
* Discussion of the biennial Student Health and Risk Prevention (SHARP) Survey<http://www.boarddocs.com/ut/usbe/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=B9T6KH77AAA4>.
* Full agenda<http://www.boarddocs.com/ut/usbe/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=B8CJ56018429>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 13028 bytes
More information about the CD