[Curriculum Directors] Kindergarten Funding Survey

Throndsen, Jennifer Jennifer.Throndsen at schools.utah.gov
Mon Jun 24 03:18:05 MDT 2019

Good morning,

After implementing our Kindergarten Entry and Exit Profile (KEEP), USBE is ready to share the results with the legislature as part of a strategy to increase opportunities for students to access Optional Extended-day Kindergarten (OEK).  Additionally, the Governor's Education Excellence Commission and the Education Interim Committee have also demonstrated great interested in early learning recently.

As such, in order to best prepare for the 2020 Legislative season, we would like your input on the how to best expand opportunities for optional enhanced kindergarten (extended and/or full-day kindergarten) for at-risk students. To gather each LEA's perspective, we have created a survey. We request a response to the survey by July 5, 2019.  It is likely that this survey would be best answered by your LEA staff person who is most familiar with your kindergarten program. Your responses will help us to craft the right legislative request and funding allocation.  Thank you in advance for your response!  For those of you who know me, you know that these types of requests really help to inform legislation so please respond as accurately as possible, so we can support you best.

https://usbe.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0jhSCvZoiiGVfXT

[https://www.schools.utah.gov/file/e86cd8c6-3b8b-485c-9c86-607484748531]
Jennifer Throndsen, PhD
Director of Teaching and Learning