[Curriculum Directors] Information/Action: STEM Endorsement Incentive Program
Jennifer.Throndsen at schools.utah.gov
Thu Aug 15 20:21:06 MDT 2019
We have exciting news! During the legislative session, USBE received STEM Endorsement Incentive funds to support educators pursuing endorsements in Math, Science, Engineering, Technology and/or STEM. We need your assistance as we are now ready to send out information regarding qualifications and how to apply. Please read this email carefully as there are several action items.
1. Teacher reimbursements will occur through local education agencies (district or charter schools) or regional service centers. Each LEA or Regional Service Center will complete a simple LEA application in Utah Grants Management System. The LEA grant application is attached as it is not yet available in the Management System.
2. As the Curriculum Director, we ask that you determine who the Grant Manager will be in your local education agency. If this is not you, please identify who this person will be. The Grant Manager will need to complete a short, three question google form<https://forms.gle/LcTgPcPdV1xn5gmYA> to indicate name, LEA, and email. This email address will be what is used for future correspondence.
3. Grant manager will communicate with teachers to identify those who meet the qualifications and have either taken a summer course that finished AFTER July 1, 2019 or will be taking a course Fall of 2019. Please note, this round is only for courses that will be completed between July 1, 2019 and Dec 30, 2019. Another LEA grant application will come out in November for Spring 2020 courses.
4. Grant manager to submit LEA grant application into Utah Grants Management System prior to Sept 20th. LEA's will receive confirmation of funds within two weeks for Summer and Fall courses.
5. To help you collect needed information from your teachers, we have created a sample Teacher Application<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UtfvpHSv_fE_st0mszxZ-Si33nPzjLm2ifJFOgZp9Hw/edit?usp=sharing>. This is the information each LEA will verify and input into the attached spreadsheet prior to submitting reimbursement to USBE.
*Qualifications for educators:
* Public educator on a current teaching contract.
* Course(s) is required for one of the approved STEM Endorsements<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yaKIl7cB3kpC5Ln1XXQWGbeqLa1k9KcGUC_rBbQ57Xs/edit>.
* Course(s) must be at least 3 credit hours from an accredited institution of higher education.
* Submitted course(s) must have grade of C or better.
* Elementary Endorsement Course(s): Tuition and materials reimbursement of up to $500 per course. If you are pursuing an elementary endorsement, contact your district or charter curriculum director for more information.
* Secondary Endorsement Course(s): Tuition and materials reimbursement of up to $1200 per course.
* Transcript must be attached showing course(s), credit hours, and grade(s)
* Course(s) highlighted on transcript.
* Receipt(s) must be attached showing tuition and material costs.
* Course(s) must be completed after July 1, 2019
* Please look over the Frequently Asked Questions Document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yaKIl7cB3kpC5Ln1XXQWGbeqLa1k9KcGUC_rBbQ57Xs/edit> for common questions and answers.
Please note that we will also be hosting an information webinar<https://uen.webex.com/meet/jhoney> on August 26, 2019 from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
For your information, we will be sending an email to various listservs on August 22nd. Please share information with your teachers regarding how to apply for this opportunity within your LEA.
If you have questions, please email Joleigh Honey (Joleigh.honey at schools.utah.gov<mailto:Joleigh.honey at schools.utah.gov>).
STEM/Mathematics Coordinator | Teaching & Learning | Utah State Board of Education
Vice President of Program | Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics (ASSM) | 2018 -2020
Past President | Utah Council of Teachers of Mathematics (UCTM)
250 E 500 S | PO Box 144200 | Salt Lake City, 84114-4200
*: 801.538.7794 | *: joleigh.honey at schools.utah.gov<mailto:joleigh.honey at schools.utah.gov>
Mathematics Opportunities and blogsite<https://math932.wixsite.com/website-7>
To subscribe to the Secondary Mathematics mailing list for emails about Utah mathematics events, professional development, and more visit: https://lists.uen.org/mailman/listinfo/secondarymath
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 245376 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the CD