[Curriculum Directors] Action: Portrait of a Graduate

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Tue Sep 11 12:35:02 MDT 2018

Curriculum Directors,

USBE staff and board members who serve on the High School Graduation Credits Task Force have organized a series of focus groups during which the public can provide valuable feedback. These will take place over the next several weeks.

The purpose of the focus groups is to gather input on what people believe Utah students need to succeed in work, life, and citizenship by the time they graduate from high school. The information will be used in the ongoing process of creating a "Portrait of a Graduate."  (This is a slightly longer version of the Focus Group we will do at our meeting Friday.)

We have created Facebook events for each meeting, and we're requesting RSVPs ahead of time. Please help us by advertising the events through your own communication channels. Here is an example message:

USBE is looking for people to participate in focus groups to discuss what it means to be a successful Utah high school graduate. Teachers, parents, school administrators, and community partners are invited to help develop Utah's Portrait of a Graduate. You can participate in person or online! To learn more, follow these links:

Sept. 19 (Nebo location): https://www.facebook.com/events/233821983969691/
Sept. 24 (Box Elder location): https://www.facebook.com/events/261780534316344/
Sept. 27 (USBE online): https://www.facebook.com/events/227152727981230/
Oct. 1 (USBE in person): https://www.facebook.com/events/466061843871708/

I have also attached a one page flyer with the same information.

In addition, I will be hosting #UtEdChat on Twitter tomorrow (Wednesday) night at 9:00. Even if you don't want to chat, it may be interesting to tune in.

Thanks for your help in getting the word out!

Diana Suddreth, Director of Teaching & Learning
Diana.suddreth at schools.utah.gov<mailto:Diana.suddreth at schools.utah.gov>