[Curriculum Directors] ACTION: Utah LEA Leadership in Personalized and Digital Learning Cohort 2019 - Application Open

Young, Sarah Sarah.Young at schools.utah.gov
Wed Nov 7 20:48:13 MST 2018

[cid:image001.png at 01D4750C.6DE97220]

ANNOUNCING A NEW PROGRAM IN UTAH!
We are excited to announce Leadership in Personalized and Digital Learning (LPDL) cohort for the 2018-2019 year. This cohort offers a team of district and charter school leaders an opportunity for job-embedded professional learning to prepare the LEA for personalized learning. As a participant in the program you will have face-to-face opportunities to work with trained facilitators and other state leaders from UEN and USBE.

This training parallels the existing Leadership in Blended and Digital Learning (LBDL) that has been offered to principals from UEN and regional service centers over the past two years. However, this opportunity is specifically designed for teams of district and charter school leaders.

FOCUS QUESTIONS

As a participant in this program you will have opportunities to expand your learning, collaborate with peers, and develop action steps for your own district or charter school. The program will focus on helping you tackle these questions:

What is personalized and digital learning?

How do I establish a culture for personalized learning in my LEA?

What supports do teachers need to transition to personalized learning?

What systems need to be in place for a successful personalized learning transition?

How do I plan for sustainability of my personalized learning transition?

DATES
LEA Teams that are selected will have the opportunity to earn 2.0 USBE Credits for completing all four sessions. All sessions will be held in Salt Lake City, UT from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM on the following dates:

  *   January 14, 2019
  *   March 15, 2019
  *   April 16, 2019
  *   June 20, 2019

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS

We are limited on space to hosting 10-14 LEAs for this first cohort. LEAs will be selected based on having a complete team register. The team from your LEA must include at least one representative for each of the following departments:
1. Digital Teaching and Learning Leader
2. Curriculum Department Leader
3. Assessment Department Leader

Each LEA that is selected for this opportunity may have a team consisting of at least 3 people, but no more than 5 people. This is a great opportunity to broaden the discussion about digital teaching and learning to leaders from curriculum and assessment, especially if they have not already been involved in great depth with DTL. Please share the attached flyer with your fellow district leaders and get signed up. We will be accepting LEA applications on a rolling basis once you have a complete team. You will receive an email and calendar invites from USBE once your LEA has been approved.
Click here to register today!<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScxXVur5UjKwKdTbD2CGavvE5vYB481dz-mJ_cf-JEa8RFhtA/viewform?usp=sf_link>
For questions, please contact Sarah Young, sarah.young at schools.utah.gov<mailto:sarah.young at schools.utah.gov>.

Thank you!

--

[signature_1963541390]

Sarah Young
Coordinator, Digital Teaching & Learning
Utah State Board of Education
801.538.7959 | www.dtlutah.org<http://www.dtlutah.org> |  [cid:image005.png at 01D454BF.90E7E3F0] <http://www.twitter.com/YoungUTed>