[Curriculum Directors] Information: Free Canvas Course Templates for Teachers

Young, Sarah Sarah.Young at schools.utah.gov
Tue May 8 19:43:18 MDT 2018

Check out the opportunity for free Canvas course templates below. These are a great resource for teachers who want to have something beyond a blank shell to start their course development. In addition, teachers can search full course content in the Canvas Commons to help them get started. Please share with your teachers as you see fit.

Sincerely,

Sarah Young
Coordinator for Digital Teaching and Learning
Utah State Board of Education

From: CForum <cforum-bounces at lists.uen.org> On Behalf Of Jody Sailor
Subject: [C-Forum] Celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week!

Good Afternoon,

At Canvas, we are thrilled to take the opportunity to show our gratitude for teachers across the nation this week as part of Teacher Appreciation Week! As a thank you for the work and dedication of teachers, our instructional designers have created two homepage templates that Canvas users can import into their courses. One template is designed specifically for grades K-5, the other for grades 6-12. Please feel free to use them as-is or modify them as you see fit.

Course landing page templates allow teachers to customize the homepage of their Canvas courses, making the student experience more engaging and interactive. The new templates are available to download in our community at https://bit.ly/2JT83tS.

The template designed for grades K–5 includes:

· Homepage with editable course title, course banner and "welcome" text placeholder

· Three customizable buttons: Learn | Help | Parents

· Directions on how to modify template buttons and banner

· "Welcome to Class" student module with content page templates: "Support" and "Parent Resources"

The template designed for grades 6–12 contains:

· Homepage with editable course title, course banner and "welcome" text placeholder

· Three customizable buttons: About Your Teacher | Class Resources | Learning Modules

· Directions on how to modify template buttons and banner

· "Welcome to Class" student module with content page templates: "About Your Teacher" and "Class Resources"

Please share this with your teachers so that they can access the templates for use in their courses. If you have any questions about the download and/or import instructions, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and dedication to the education of our nation's youth!

Best,

--
Jody Sailor, M.Ed. | Strategic Customer Success Manager, K12
E: jsailor at instructure.com<mailto:jsailor at instructure.com>

[http://www.canvaslms.com/img/signatures/canvas.png]<http://www.canvaslms.com/>

[https://drive.google.com/a/instructure.com/uc?id=0B7SrIZWX3zrISmF2ci15ZldqMThkUEliNkd6elpJdVM1WHY0&export=download]<https://www.canvaslms.com/news/instructurecon/>