[Curriculum Directors] Action: Please RSVP for Curriculum Directors Meeting

Collins, Jonathan Jonathan.Collins at schools.utah.gov
Tue Jan 9 15:04:32 MST 2018

Curriculum Directors,

I hope you will be able to attend the Curriculum Directors Meeting on January 17 from 9:00am-3:00pm at

Utah State Board of Education

250 E 500 S, Salt Lake City

Basement West Conference Room

Our agenda will include

  *   a preview of upcoming legislation from Deputy Superintendent Patty Norman,
  *   a discussion of R277-717(grade replacement) and R277-700 (middle school requirements),
  *   best practices for English language arts,
  *   an opportunity for funding through Title IVA,
  *   and more! We will also be having a discussion of how work in the field can address the Board’s Strategic Plan and meet the metrics of Education Elevated.  Please review these documents (USBE Strategic Plan<https://schools.utah.gov/file/90e22951-243e-4ebd-8518-251e863e8a3b> and Education Elevated<https://schools.utah.gov/File/01ed1d4a-2612-4e72-ad02-b6969dec5bc3>) and be prepared to share what you are doing to move the needle towards student success.

If you have other agenda items you wish to discuss, it’s not too late to let me know.

All invitees please contact my assistant Jon at jonathan.collins at schools.utah.gov<mailto:jonathan.collins at schools.utah.gov> to register.

**Please note that registration must be completed no later than Friday, January 12, 2017.

A live webcast of the meeting will be available.  Instructions on how to access the webcast will be distributed during the week of the meeting.