[Curriculum Directors] Congressional Budget

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Thu May 4 14:52:32 MDT 2017

Curriculum Directors;

Yesterday some of you asked questions regarding the specifics of the congressional budget.  The table below may answer those questions for you. Again, when we have estimates of the impact for Title IIA, we will send those out.

Funding Comparison of Select Programs under the FY2017 Senate Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Legislation

(in millions)

*               * Funding levels noted in red reflect a reduction in programmatic funding from FY2016

*               * Funding levels noted in green reflect an increase over FY2016 funding

Department of Education

FY 2016

Funding Level

FY 2017

Budget Request

FY 2017

House

LHHS

FY 2017

Senate

LHHS

FY 2017

Omnibus

LHHS

Office of Elementary and Secondary Education

Title I (Grants to LEAs)

$14,909.8

$15,359.8

$15,359.8

$15,409.8

$15,459.8

School Improvement Grants (SIG)

$450.0

$0

$0

$0

$0

Comprehensive Literacy State Development Grants (Striving Readers)

$190

$190.0

$160.0

$190.0

$190.0

Improving Teacher Quality State Grants (ESEA Title II)

$2,349.8

$2,250.0

$1,949.8

$2,055.8

$2,055.8

Mathematics and Science Partnerships

$152.7

$0

$0.0

$0

$0

21st Century Community Learning Centers

$1,166.6

$1,000.0

$1,166.6

$1,050.0

$1,191.6

State Assessments

$378.0

$403.0

$300.0

$378.0

$369.1

Comprehensive Centers

$51.4

$55.4

$48.4

$51.4

$50.0

Promise Neighborhoods

$73.2

$128.0

$63.2

$73.0

$73.2

Office of Innovation and Improvement

Education Innovation and Research (formerly i3)

$120.0

$180.0

$0.0

$120.0

$100.0

Teacher and School Leader Incentive Grants

$230.0

$250.0

$0.0

$213.0

$200.0

School Leader Recruitment and Support

$16.3

$30

$0.0

$16.3

$14.5

Charter Schools Program

$333.1

$350.0

$333.1

$343.1

$342.2

Advanced Placement (AP)

$28.4

$28.4

$0.0

$0.0

$0

Ready-to-Learn Television

$25.7

$25.7

$25.7

$25.7

$25.7

Arts in Education

$27.0

$27.0

$0.0

$27.0

$27.0

Innovative Approaches to Literacy

$27.0

$27.0

$0.0

$27.0

$27.0

Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants (Block Grant)

$0.0

$500

$1,000

$300

$400

Office of English Language Acquisition

English Language Acquisition (ESEA Title III, Part A)

$737.4

$800.4

$737.4

$737.4

$737.4

Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services

IDEA Part B - (Grants to States)

$11,912.8

$11,192.8

$12,412.8

$11,952.8

$12,002.8

IDEA Part C - (Infants and Families)

$458.5

$503.5

$458.5

$458.5

$458.5

Parent Training and Information Centers

$27.4

$27.4

$27.4

$27.4

$27.4

Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education

CTE State Grants

$1,117.6

$1,192.6

$1,117.6

$1,117.6

$1,117.6

Adult Education State Grants

$582.0

$582.0

$582.0

$582.0

$582.0

Federal Student Aid

Pell Grant Discretionary Funding

$22,475.3

$22,475.3

$21,165.3

$22,475.3

$22,475.3

Pell Grant Maximum (with mandatory add-on)

$5,815.0

$5,935.0

$5,935.0

$5,935.0

$5,920.0

Office of Postsecondary Education

Strengthening Institutions

$86.5

$86.5

$86.5

$86.5

$86.5

Strengthening HBCUs

$244.7

$244.7

$244.7

$244.7

$244.7

Strengthening Historically Black Graduate Institutions

$63.3

$63.3

$63.3

$63.3