[Curriculum Directors] Kindergarten Supplemental Enrichment Program

Throndsen, Jennifer Jennifer.Throndsen at schools.utah.gov
Thu Mar 30 09:29:29 MDT 2017

Good morning,

As promised, here are the application materials for the Kindergarten Supplemental Enrichment Program.  I might suggest you start with familiarizing yourself with the legislation document first and then determining your level of interest in having schools with this opportunity.  The actual grants have to come from the school level, so you will want to work closely with school level administrators as they will be assuming much of the responsibilities associated with involvement.  The grant is due May 15th by 5:00 pm by email to me.  I am your contact for questions related to the application.    This is a great opportunity to expand your extended learning opportunities for kindergartners in your LEA.  The documents attached are:

HB0168-The legislation from the 2017 session
Grant application for HB 168-This is the actual application that needs to be read and submitted along with a letter from the principal
Kindergarten Supplemental Enrichment Program Grant Application Rubric-read this before you actually fill out the application as it will help you to know what to include in the narrative response sections so you can earn the most points
Appendix A-this lists the schools that may be eligible for participation based on their percentage of IGP students-review this to determine if a school is eligible to apply
Appendix B-this lists the schools that may be eligible for participation based on their economically disadvantage status (free and reduced lunch)-review this to determine if a school is eligible to apply

Please note that if a school is already providing extended day kindergarten using OEK funds (aka Early Intervention funds), then the school is not eligible to apply for these funds.

I look forward to working with you on creating more extended learning opportunities for some of our youngest learners.

Thanks,

Jennifer Throndsen
PreK-12 Literacy & Library Media Coordinator