[Curriculum Directors] Kindergarten Supplemental Enrichment Program Grant Application Clarification

Throndsen, Jennifer Jennifer.Throndsen at schools.utah.gov
Tue Apr 4 15:19:10 MDT 2017

Good afternoon,

After receiving several calls around the same topic, I wanted to send out a point of clarification on the Kindergarten Supplemental Enrichment Programs Grant application.  If a school has a current OEK program, but you would like to offer a second session due to having more students who would benefit from attending full-day kindergarten then you can currently serve that would be allowable under this grant.  You would need to maintain any current programs and use these funds to expand another section for a school and also demonstrate the need your school currently has (this would go under the Statement of Need section in the grant application and would be evidenced by the assessment data you collected this school year). Please know that we will prioritize eligible schools who don't currently have any OEK first, but if there are remaining funds we would be able to support expansion of a program within a school who is already receiving OEK funds as long as the school would be continuing their current program and be using the funds to expand opportunities to serve more students through an additional section.   I hope that makes sense, but if not email me for clarification.  Happy to be more clear :)

Thanks,

Jennifer Throndsen
PreK-12 Literacy & Library Media Coordinator