[Curriculum Directors] FW: Submit a Proposal for and Save the Data for the 2017 UCTM Conference

Collins, Jonathan Jonathan.Collins at schools.utah.gov
Tue Apr 4 13:28:52 MDT 2017

Colleagues,

The UCTM conference will be August 1, 2017 at the Ogden Eccles Conference Center. The UCTM Board is requesting presentation proposals for the conference with a proposal deadline of April 14, 2017. Please submit a proposal using the following link:
http://www.utahctm.org/2017-presentation-proposal-form.html

We look forward to learning from your expertise. We would like your session to be framed around one of the following concepts:
 1.  High Quality Instruction:
          - NCTM's Effective Teaching Practices
          - Assessment
          - Standards-based grading
          - Technology
    2.   Access and Equity:
          - Aligning IEP goals with math content standards
          - Access to grade-level content
          - Benefits of heterogeneous classrooms versus ability grouping and tracking
          - Growth mindset
          - Special education law
     3.  Learning Communities:
          - Coteaching
          - Collaboration
          - Observing high-quality math instruction
          - Evaluating math instruction as an administrator
          - Mutli-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
          - Coaching
Please continue reading about the UCTM 2017 conference:

Our theme for the August 1, 2017 UCTM conference is Maximize Mathematics Learning for All Students.This year, we are teaming up with the Utah State Board of Education SSIP implementation team to discuss how to help all students access and master grade-appropriate mathematics. We are inviting all Utah educators who provide or supervise math instruction to participate in this conference, including general mathematics educators, special educators, administrators,instructional and systemscoaches, and related service providers. Our featured speakerswill be the authors of The Classroom Chef, John Stevens, and Matt Vaudrey. You do not want to miss this energetic duo discuss how to teach math to students so that they have opportunity to have choiceand control over their learning, and also learn how to discuss mathematics in the classroom.  Other national experts will also be featured.  The conference will befree and registration will be available by May 1, 2017 at utahctm.org<http://www.utahctm.org>.

If you have questions, please contact Karen Feld at Karenfeld at alpinedistrict.org<mailto:Karenfeld at alpinedistrict.org>.