[Curriculum Directors] Digital Teaching and Learning Plan Revision Support

Young, Sarah Sarah.Young at schools.utah.gov
Mon Oct 31 13:10:55 MDT 2016

Dear Curriculum Directors,

I have been meeting with individual LEA's to review specific feedback to the Digital Teaching and Learning plans from the first review.  To provide this support on a larger scale, we are putting together webinars, a face-to-face workshop, and individual leaders to support the Digital Teaching and Learning plan revision.  Please see the events and resources listed below and share with your community as you see fit.

1.       Webinars

We will hosting two Digital Teaching and Learning Support webinars via Adobe Connect:

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 from 9 AM - 10 AM

OR

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 from 3 PM - 4 PM

The webinars will focus on addressing strategies and exemplars to support LEA's in addressing review feedback.  The webinars will address the same content, and are being offered twice to try and meet as many stakeholders as possible.  You can access the webinar - http://connect.schools.utah.gov/eti/ no RSVP required.

2.       Face-to-Face Revision Support

Since the Curriculum Director's meeting was revised to be a half-day meeting, we will be offering Digital Teaching and Learning support on:

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 from 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM

The meeting will be held after a lunch break at the Curriculum Director's Meeting, being hosted at Davis Conference Center, 1651 N 700 W, Layton 84041. LEA representatives are welcomed to bring their plans and feedback to work with USBE on revisions. No RSVP required.

3.       Individual Experts

We have had several individuals from the community offer to provide supports for LEA's looking to revise their plans with their expertise and feedback.  We have included the list of individuals you can reach out to, along with contact information below.  You are welcome to reach out to any of these individuals with your plan and reviewer feedback for support.

Sarah Young, Coordinator for Digital Teaching and Learning - sarah.young at schools.utah.gov<mailto:sarah.young at schools.utah.gov>

Terry Shoemaker, Associate Executive Director, Utah School Boards Association - tshoemaker at usba.cc<mailto:tshoemaker at usba.cc>

Tom Greaves, National Expert in Educational Technology and Project Red CEO and Founder, The Greaves Group, LLC - tom at greavesgroup.com<mailto:tom at greavesgroup.com>

Laura Hunter, Chief Operating Officer for UETN - lhunter at uen.org<mailto:lhunter at uen.org>

Brett Zabel, Wasatch School District Instructional Coach and Member of Digital Teaching and Learning Advisory Board - BRETT.ZABEL at wasatch.edu<mailto:BRETT.ZABEL at wasatch.edu>

Sam Quantz, Salt Lake City School District Chief Information Officer and Member of Digital Teaching and Learning Advisory Board, Sam.Quantz at slcschools.org<mailto:Sam.Quantz at slcschools.org>

Jim Langston, Tooele School District Director of Information Technology and Member of Digital Teaching and Learning Advisory Board, jlangston at tooeleschools.org<mailto:jlangston at tooeleschools.org>

              When reaching out please include:

1.       A copy of your plan.

2.       A copy of your reviewer feedback.

3.       Specific questions or areas of support you'd like to address.

4.       The best method and times to reach you.

The revised plans are due to Utah School Board of Education on Friday, November 11, 2016 by 5:00 PM.  Please submit your plans directly to sarah.young at schools.utah.gov<mailto:sarah.young at schools.utah.gov> via email.  I will confirm receipt of your plan within 24 hours of submission.

Thank you for your hard work on this.  If there are additional supports that you would like to recommend, please don't hesitate to contact me and let me know.

Sincerely,

Sarah Young
Coordinator for Digital Teaching and Learning
Utah State Board of Education
sarah.young at schools.utah.gov<mailto:sarah.young at schools.utah.gov>
250 East 500 South
PO Box 144200