[Curriculum Directors] nominate a teacher

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Tue Mar 29 13:03:04 MDT 2016

I received this announcement through my association with the Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science teaching, but I know many of you are associated with good teachers worthy of nomination.  Feel free to spread the word.

During this year's upcoming Teacher Appreciation Week - May 2-6th - the U.S. Department of Education wants to say thank you to some great teachers. Help us reach our goal by recommending a friend, a colleague, your child's teacher or the 7th grade teacher who inspired you! There are no other criteria beyond it being someone who YOU think deserves some thanks. Tell us about a teacher you want to highlight<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XHaFyZKBnG1XGrYeHOVbumbZIRM7YdKcCg0iOwYJt3M/viewform?usp=send_form> along with a few details about why and how we can reach them. We hope to directly contact each nominee, but cannot guarantee that we will be able to be in touch during that week, thus we may also use this information for additional teacher highlighting purposes throughout the year. We look forward to your recommendations and thank you for your help in this endeavor!!

Melissa Moritz
Deputy Director Office of STEM
U.S. Dept of Education
http://www.ed.gov/stem

President, Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics