[Curriculum Directors] UPDATED High Quality School Readiness Expansion Grants--Application Available Now!

Throndsen, Jennifer Jennifer.Throndsen at schools.utah.gov
Thu Mar 24 12:40:05 MDT 2016

The link and email address weren't working correctly on my previous email...this should resolve the problem.

Good morning,

With some hard work and effort, we have been successful in pulling the High Quality School Readiness Expansion (HQSR-E) Grant application together.  We have posted the timeline and all the resources you will need on our webpage at: http://www.schools.utah.gov/CURR/preschoolkindergarten/School-Readiness.aspx . On the site, you will find the Word version of the application, the grant application packet with the scoring rubric and allowable costs information, as well as the budget details and narrative form.  Be sure to access the HSQR-E applications as the HSQR applications are on the same page just below.   Applications are due April 22nd and should be emailed to HQSR-E at schools.utah.gov<mailto:HQSR-E at schools.utah.gov> We highly request submission of a letter of intent so that we can anticipate the number of applicants and ensure we will have enough staff available to conduct the high-quality site visits that are required as part of the grant process.  This will help us to be able to keep to the timeline we have provided.

If you have any questions, you can send those to me or Susan Okroy.   Also, you may want to mark your calendars for the grant workshop being held on April 5th from 9-11 am in Basement West at the USOE (and will be streamed live) as this will be a great opportunity to get clarity, too.  We look forward to receiving your applications and expanding access to high quality preschool programs.

Thanks!

Jennifer Throndsen
PreK-12 Literacy & Library Media Coordinator
Utah State Office of Education