[Curriculum Directors] High Quality School Readiness Program Expansion (SB101)

Throndsen, Jennifer Jennifer.Throndsen at schools.utah.gov
Mon Mar 21 09:11:26 MDT 2016

Good morning Literacy Directors, Curriculum Directors, and Preschool Administrators,

In our efforts to comply with Senate Bill 101: High Quality School Readiness Program Expansion, Sue Okroy and I have been working to get the grant application crafted.  We anticipate having it ready for public release this Friday, March 25, 2016.  Below is our anticipated timeline for those interested applying for grant funds to expand the number of students (must be economically disadvantage four year olds) to be served in the LEAs preschool program:

March 25             Application released

April 5                   Grant Workshop (Basement West (9:00-11:00)
                      Utah Education Network (UEN)
                      Click on "Live Videos" located on the right of the webpage to view the 2016 Grant Workshop.
                      Time: 9 a.m.
                      Location: USOE, 250 East 500 South, Basement West
April 8                    Email Letter of Intent by 5:00 p.m. electronic timestamp (optional)

April 22                 Grant application due by 5:00 p.m. electronic timestamp

April 25-May 13 USOE staff to conduct site visits to determine high-quality status

May 16                 Notify LEAs of pending approval

June 9                   Utah State Board of Education approval

June 10                 Final LEA notification of funding approval

July 1                     Program start date

If you are interested in learning more about this grant opportunity, please read SB101 at http://le.utah.gov/~2016/bills/static/SB0101.html Please feel free to forward this information on to the appropriate personnel in your LEA.  We have tried to send the message broadly, but it is possible that we may be miss some key personnel.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact myself or Sue Okroy.

Thanks.

Jennifer Throndsen
PreK-12 Literacy & Library Media Coordinator