[Curriculum Directors] Digital Teaching and Learning Grant Planning Template - HB 277

Young, Sarah Sarah.Young at schools.utah.gov
Fri Jun 10 16:19:15 MDT 2016

Digital Teaching and Learning Grant Program (HB 277)
For the past four years, the state of Utah, including the local school systems, the Utah State Board of Education (USBE), UETN, and the Legislature have been working to best leverage the power of technology for learning. The Legislature created and charged the USBE to combine these efforts to create the following qualifying grant program for Utah.
The Digital Teaching and Learning Qualifying Grant Program for Local Education Agencies (LEA's) was created in accordance to Utah Code Section 53A-1-1501 and Utah State Board of Education (USBE) Rule R277-922.  To support LEA's, we are releasing a grant planning template that outlines the required elements for an LEA Plan to be considered by the Utah State Board of Education.  The planning template provides an overview of program due dates, locations for the required Bootcamp, and requirements for an LEA plan.
1.                Digital Teaching and Learning Grant Planning Template - Attached PDF

Please note, before an LEA submits an LEA plan to the advisory committee for approval by the Board, an LEA shall:

1.      Visit http://www.uen.org/digital-learning/, and read Utah's Master Plan: Essential Elements for Technology Powered Learning

2.      Complete the readiness assessment required in Section 53A-1-1405 (Please note that this assessment can take 4-8 weeks to complete)

3.      Complete the Grant Planning Template and then Final Application Form (released July 11, 2016 with accompanying rubric) in cooperation with educators, paraeducators, and parents

4.      Send an LEA Team to a pre-grant submission September Bootcamp conducted by the Superintendent.  Dates and locations for the Bootcamps are included in the planning template.  The following individuals are required to participate:

-          The school district superintendent or charter school executive director; and

-          The LEA's curriculum director; and

-          The LEA's technology director

-          A representative group of school leadership from schools participating in the program; and

-          Additionally, a member of an LEA's local school board or charter school governing board and other staff identified by the LEA may participate

2.                Digital Teaching and Learning Funding Projections for LEA Planning - Attached PDF

Webinar Overviews for Digital Teaching and Learning Grant Program (HB 277)
We will be presenting three webinars that will provide an overview of the Digital Teaching and Learning timeline, process, and template for all interested LEA's.  These are open to all members of our Utah school community.  Please feel free to attend any of the following through Adobe Connect: http://connect.schools.utah.gov/tl/

-          Monday, June 20, 2016 from 10 AM - 11 AM

-          Wednesday, June 22, 2016 from 2 PM - 3 PM

-          Thursday, June 23, 2016 from 5 PM - 6 PM
If you are unable to attend, we will record the webinars and post them on our website.

Thank you for your commitment to bring digital and teaching and learning to scale in your community.  We look forward to working with you to support the development of your plan.

Sincerely,

Sarah Young
Coordinator for Digital Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education
sarah.young at schools.utah.gov<mailto:sarah.young at schools.utah.gov>
250 East 500 South
PO Box 144200