[Curriculum Directors] Launching Writing with the 'Write' Tools

Throndsen, Jennifer Jennifer.Throndsen at schools.utah.gov
Fri Jul 1 20:00:49 MDT 2016

Literacy and Curriculum Directors,

We are going to be offering a 2-day institute for educators on new writing resources and tools recently made available on September 28th and 29th.  The institute will highlight instructional practices, strategies, resources, and tools to support teachers in writing instruction aligned to the core standards.  We are still looking for a location, but anticipate the institute to be held in the Salt Lake Valley.  Mileage, lodging, per diem, lunches, and substitutes (as needed) will be provided to support attendance.  We have about 150 spots available for this institute.  The recently completed writing samples will be incorporated, as well as the newest resources from the Vermont Writing Collaborative.  With writing being a high need area across the state, we thought this would be a great opportunity to support you and your team in advancing writing instruction.  If you are interested in participating, please register in OnTrack-Course #64149.   We would suggest participants come in pairs or teams so that you can take what is learned and find ways to use it in your own LEA.  We will share all presentation materials and resources so that any of the content or activities can easily be replicated or adapted for use in your LEA.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  We look forward to seeing you and your team in the fall!

Thanks,

Jennifer Throndsen
PreK-12 Literacy & Library Media Coordinator