[Curriculum Directors] Student Competition Opportunity

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Mon Feb 22 08:04:05 MST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan Todesco <jordantodesco at gmail.com<mailto:jordantodesco at gmail.com>>
Date: Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 5:35 PM
Subject: Need Help with New HS Statewide Competition
Cc: Mark Rasmussen <mark.srasmussen07 at gmail.com<mailto:mark.srasmussen07 at gmail.com>>, Jordan Todesco <jordantodesco at gmail.com<mailto:jordantodesco at gmail.com>>

Hi District Leaders,

I am writing in regards to a new student competition funded by Zions bank and hosted through the University of Utah called the High School Utah Entrepreneur Competition (HS UEC). I am a student at the University of Utah and am part of the team selected to launch this new program throughout the state. This competition is the opportunity for anyone 14-18 years of age to compete for $5,000 in cash and more in scholarships by:

1.      Identifying a problem

2.      Creating a solution

3.      Defining a customer

4.      Presenting to judges
Registration for this competition started in January and students can sign up to compete until the end of March. There is over $22,000 in prizes and scholarships being offered.
We are doing our best to make sure everyone throughout the state knows about the new competition, and we felt you all could help/have insights on accomplishing this goal. We could send you an email that you could forward to counselors, principals, etc., so they can tell their respective schools about the HS UEC. OR we would love to send you something to put into a newsletter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Our website for more information is: http://lassonde.utah.edu/hsuec
Warmest regards,
Jordan T. Todesco
HS UEC Director of Marketing & Outreach
(206)718-2962<tel:%28206%29718-2962>