[Curriculum Directors] Digital Teaching and Learning - September Bootcamp Registration Reminder

Young, Sarah Sarah.Young at schools.utah.gov
Mon Aug 22 07:15:46 MDT 2016

Dear Curriculum Directors,

Good morning, I am sending a reminder about the Digital Teaching and Learning Bootcamps that are happening across the state this September 2016.  Each district and charter school is invited to participate with a team in these two-day sessions to help build their capacity to implement digital and personalized learning.  A KEY MEMBER OF THAT TEAM IS THE CURRICULUM DIRECTOR FOR THE COMMUNITY!

The Digital Teaching and Learning Bootcamps provide many opportunities for LEA's including:

*         Discussion on change management around digital and personalized learning.

*         Learning from partners (both state and vendors) about solutions to address digital and personalized learning needs within LEA's.

*          Working with your stakeholders and getting face-to-face support to develop your digital teaching and learning plan.

*         Learning about plans from other local LEA's to support collaboration and future partnerships.

*         REQUIRED FOR ALL LEA's applying for Digital Teaching and Learning Grant OR Digital Teaching and Learning Planning Grant for FY 2017

Registration for Bootcamps is open through September 1, 2016. To register or see a full list of the locations and dates please visit - http://www.uen.org/digital-learning/bootcamp.shtml

Please note we now have an option for either a full application this FY 2017 year OR a $5,000 planning grant application (which only has four questions in the application, but requires attendance at September Bootcamp).  You can find the planning grant details and application on our website: http://www.uen.org/digital-learning/

We also approved a new readiness assessment tool (besides the Future Ready option), that is significantly streamlined: http://ncdlplan.fi.ncsu.edu/rubric/

These updates are designed to support your participation in this opportunity to bring digital and personalized learning funds into your community. Recognizing this initiatives capacity to change instructional approaches, we encourage you to reach out to your Superintendent and Technology Director to coordinate your LEA-team Bootcamp Registration.  I appreciate it's a busy time of year, and I appreciate your leadership.  Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have additional questions.

Sincerely,

Sarah Young
Coordinator for Digital Teaching and Learning
Utah State Board of Education
sarah.young at schools.utah.gov<mailto:sarah.young at schools.utah.gov>
250 East 500 South
PO Box 144200