[Curriculum Directors] 16-17 Curriculum Directors meetings

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Tue Aug 16 10:11:24 MDT 2016

Curriculum Directors,

I hope you all found some time this summer to recharge so you can support your teachers as they welcome another year of students into our schools.  There's always something about the late August air that seems a little special, a sort of eagerness that awaits us all as we have a chance to start over once again.

We have much to discuss and work on together this year with new programs in Early Childhood, new licensure pathways, Digital Teaching & Learning, and a number of new cores.  Based on the input you gave me regarding last year's meetings, I have scheduled five face-to-face meetings this year.  Online participation will be an option for all of them and the structure will support networking and problem solving together. All meetings will begin at 9:00 a.m. and conclude by 3:00 p.m.  As you can see, we have a few dates where we have not determined an exact location.  If you would like to volunteer to host, please let me know.

Dates:
September 27, 2016 - SLC Hilton Garden Inn, 250 W 600 S, 84101
November 8th, 2016 - Davis Conference Center, 1651 N 700 W, Layton 84041
January 24th, 2017 - SLC Area, Location TBD
March 8th, 2017 - TBD
May 3rd, 2017 - Utah State Board of Education Offices, 250 E 500 S, SLC 84104

These dates are also on the Curriculum Directors Website http://www.schools.utah.gov/curr/directors/ which will be updated as we finalize arrangements.  You will receive an email from Kristi later this month when we open registration for the September 27th meeting.

If roles have shifted in your LEA and someone who is not currently receiving Curriculum Directors emails would like to, please have them contact my assistant Kristi Kristi.bostic at schools.utah.gov<mailto:Kristi.bostic at schools.utah.gov>.  Kristi can also remove names from the list-serve if you no longer wish to receive emails from the Teaching & Learning section at the Utah State Board of Education.

As always, I am very open to input on how Teaching & Learning can serve you better.  If there are agenda items you would like me to include or support you need, please let me know.  Working together, we can achieve the Board of Education's vision of "Excellence for Each Student".

Have a great new year!