[Curriculum Directors] Utah STEM Expo

Rieben, Cheri Cheri.Rieben at schools.utah.gov
Thu Mar 5 15:34:55 MST 2015

Beehive Science and Technology Academy (BSTA) invites you to Utah STEM Expo 2015. The STEM Expo will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2015 at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.

The UTAH STEM Expo is an excellent opportunity for middle/high school students to demonstrate their STEM explorations in and out of the classroom and extensions of the inquiry process posed in their projects and demos. The Expo itself will offer a venue for students to showcase the fruits of their STEM studies and hard work, for professionals to show how STEM is used to better our communities, and for spectators to participate in hands-on experiments. The Expo event will connect our schools to the community, our students to professionals, and generate interest and excitement for science, technology, engineering and mathematics.

As we continue to educate our children and prepare them for the challenges of tomorrow, we are building a better future by encouraging our students to explore, discover, and solve problems through STEM.

Enclosed please find more detailed information on the event. We would like to extend our invitation to your students and teachers to showcase and present their hands on STEM projects, experiments, innovations and demonstrations. This is not a science fair, rather a fun STEM activity and we are expecting to have fun involved hands on projects of your students.

In order for us to provide a great experience for your student, please share the following Google Form with them to fill out and apply to participate: Utah STEM Expo 2015 Participation Request Form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1r3rkcz2GLTnlMLE7LeQdGXinZ6666LJzTK81bRQR7jU/viewform?usp=send_form>

Additionally, you may encourage your students to visit this free public event with their families to explore what other students have prepared.

You may view some sample projects in the links below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeehiveAcademy

www.utahstemexpo.org<http://www.utahstemexpo.org/>

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you to make the UTAH STEM Expo a success! Again, this is a free public event and we will be happy to have your communities visiting the event.

Educationally yours,

--
Zack Temircan

Dean of Academics / BSTA