[Curriculum Directors] Educator Equity and Excellence

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Thu Jan 22 14:43:56 MST 2015

Curriculum Directors;

We have created a new page on the Curriculum Director's website for Educator Excellence.  You can access it from the CD website http://schools.utah.gov/curr/main/ or go directly to http://schools.utah.gov/curr/main/.  There you will find a recording of the Equity Plan webinar from last week and a copy of the slides.  Please note that we have chosen to call our Equity Plan our Educator Excellence Plan.

If you were not able to attend the original webinar, and thus do not have the data for your LEA, please contact Travis Rawlings travis.rawlings at schools.utah.gov<mailto:travis.rawlings at schools.utah.gov> and he will make that available to you.  I recommend you get the data from Travis BEFORE watching the webinar as he gives instruction on how to access the data for your LEA and also explains the meaning of several aspects in the file during the webinar.

I encourage you to share this information with others in your LEA, specifically those in charge of federal programs, students with disabilities, and HR directors, but also anyone who may have an interest in the development in this plan.  I also encourage you to hold discussions locally during the next month, both to examine existing policies and initiatives and to begin thinking of additional ways to provide access to excellent teachers for all students.

President, Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics
250 E. 500 South
801-538-7739 (New)