[Curriculum Directors] CD Meeting & Equity Meeting info

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Thu Jan 8 12:56:31 MST 2015

Curriculum Directors,

Today is the deadline to register for the Curriculum Director's meeting next Tuesday at the Nebo School District Offices, 350 South Main Street, Spanish Fork.  Our agenda will include a legislative preview, implications of SAGE testing on instruction, SLO Guidance, a review of upcoming standards proposals, information on least restrictive behavior, and MORE!  This meeting will not be recorded.

Also, I'd like to remind you about the webinar next Thursday regarding Utah's Equity plan.  This meeting will take place January 15, from 10-11.  We invite curriculum directors, HR directors, and directors of federal programs and programs for students with disabilities to attend.  This will be the first meeting as we go through a process to write an Equity Plan for the state of Utah and we very much value your ongoing participation in this process. The meeting will be recorded for those who cannot attend.

Adobe Connect

Webinar Log In Instructions:

Please do the following to ensure your internet connection and computer are ready for the Webinar. It is recommended to test your browser and run through the set up wizards at least 15 minutes before the meeting to ensure you don't miss any of the meeting.

1) Test your browser (please do this prior to the start of the meeting): https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm

2) Plug in your headset and turn your volume to a minimum volume. Initially you want it low, but not off; this will help avoid     unnecessary feedback.

3) To enter the meeting, please click on the following link: http://connect.schools.utah.gov/tltr

4) Sign in as a guest using your First and Last name and District . No password is required. If you have a headset with a microphone, include (M) after your name so we know you can contribute to the spoken conversation. For example: "Han Solo, Disney District (M)" or "Jean Luc Picard, Enterprise District."

5) Click on "Enter Room" to enter the meeting.

6) Complete the Audio Setup Wizard located under the "Meeting" tab. If you are listening only, this will ensure that you can hear and enable you to set an appropriate volume. If you are using a microphone, it will connect and test your voice as well. (Note: if you can't hear the sound playing during the Audio Setup Wizard, check your computer to make sure your speakers are not on 'mute.')

7) It is not necessary for you to have a microphone or webcam for this meeting.

a. If you do have a mic or webcam, turn your mic and webcam on (green) by clicking on the icons located on the top of the screen. Your speakers should automatically be marked green. If you would like to make a spoken comment, please use your hand icon to indicate you would like to enter the conversation. The hand icon is located in the top bar of the window after the speaker, microphone, and webcam icons.

b. If you are not using a mic and webcam, you can use the chat box to communicate during the meeting: If you would like to enter a comment using the public chat window, place your curser in the text window and begin typing. Hit 'enter' to display your text to everyone in the room.

For optimal results:

* Close any other browser window you may have open

* Use a headset for optimal listening and speaking
* Mute your microphone when you are not speaking

I look forward to seeing you either in person or virtually next week.

President, Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics
250 E. 500 South
801-538-7739 (New)