[Curriculum Directors] UCTM awards nominations

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Sun Sep 14 09:00:05 MDT 2014

Dear Supervisors and Administrators,
                Every fall the Utah Council of Teachers of Mathematics (UCTM) presents awards to four outstanding mathematics educators at our affiliate conference.  Colleagues, administrators, and supervisors nominate awardees who, if chosen, receive a plaque and a cash award.  As a member of the UCTM board, I am inviting you to nominate a teacher for one of the following awards.

o   Karl Jones Award: Exemplary Teaching at the Elementary Level

o   George Shell Award: Exemplary Teaching at the Secondary Level

o   Muffett Reaves Award: Teachers Teaching  Teachers

o   Don Clark Award: Career and Life of Contributions to Mathematics Education
Please visit the UCTM website (http://www.utahctm.org/ ) to access award descriptions and a nomination form.  The deadline for submission was September 12, 2014 but because we don't have nominations for all the categories, we are extending the deadline to September 18th.
Please pass this form on to anybody you feel might be interested in nominating a colleague.

Sincerely,
Andrew R. Glaze
Utah NCTM Representative

Diana Suddreth, Interim Director
Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education
President, Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics
250 E. 500 South
801-538-7739 (New)