[Curriculum Directors] Utah Standards Academy Registration
Cook, Tricia M.
Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Mon Mar 17 10:32:22 MDT 2014
The registration season for Utah Standards Academy (formerly known as Core Academy) is upon us, and you may get some questions from teachers about enrolling.
1. What courses are available, and where, this summer?
The schedule of courses and course descriptions can be viewed here<http://www.schools.utah.gov/CURR/main/Core-Academy/Academy-2014-Information-web-3-5-14.aspx>.
2. Why can't I find the course on OnTrack?
The courses will be public on OnTrack by Friday, March 21. Please remember when searching for courses, they are now called "Utah Standards Academy," not "Core Academy." (2014 Utah Standards Academy)
3. When can I register?
* MARCH 24: Registration opens on OnTrack to participants invited by districts and charter schools. If a teacher was supposed to be on that list, but the system doesn't allow him/her to register, they need to contact their district to check their CACTUS number and have the district email Tiffany Hall (tiffany.hall at schools.utah.gov<mailto:tiffany.hall at schools.utah.gov>) with the correction. The lists from LEAs with those names and CACTUS numbers were submitted on March 11.
* APRIL 7: Registration opens on OnTrack to participants who completed the statewide survey in Fall, 2013.
* APRIL 14: Registration opens on OnTrack statewide.
4. Do I have to register in a certain location for my school or district?
No. All courses available on the Wasatch Front are open registration. There are not any assigned locations.
5. What happens if the course I want is already full?
You can register in a different location or add your name to the waiting list. There are usually several people who drop before the session starts; you will receive an email when your name is moved from the waiting list to the course. Some courses and locations will fill quickly; there are only ten locations this year.
6. How do I register in OnTrack?
Information about registration and using OnTrack can be found here<http://www.schools.utah.gov/CURR/main/Core-Academy.aspx>. You must have a current, valid email in the OnTrack system in order to receive information from the system about your registration, communication about the courses, and information about credit.
7. Is there credit or a stipend for attending Academy?
Credit is available for participants who complete the Academy (1 USOE credit for two-day courses; 2 USOE credits for four-day courses). There is no option for partial credit. University credit is not available. The USOE does not provide a stipend for attending, although participants will receive materials, lunch, and snacks.
K-12 Literacy Coordinator/Library Media
Utah State Office of Education
Please note: Utah has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state employees regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CD