[Curriculum Directors] Utah's Equity Plan

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Mon Dec 29 14:51:44 MST 2014

District Leaders;

In November the Department of Education released new requirements and guidance on creating State Equity Plans.  These plans ensure equitable distribution of highly effective teachers to all students in LEAs. In response to this guidance and in preparation for completing a plan for Utah, we have scheduled a webinar on January 15 from 10:00-11:30 to explain the new regulations, share Utah's data regarding equitable distribution of teachers, and begin to talk about what might appear in our plan which is due on June 1.  This webinar will take place over Adobe Connect.  I highly recommend that superintendents, curriculum directors, Title I directors, directors for IDEA programs, and HR directors be aware of the requirements and participate in opportunities to write Utah's plan.

Soon after the first of the year we will send specific information on signing up for and logging into the webinar, but I wanted to make you aware of this opportunity so you could put it on your calendar now.

Thank you,

President, Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics
250 E. 500 South
801-538-7739 (New)