[Curriculum Directors] FW: Release of RFP for Elementary STEM Endorsement Cohort Grant

Suddreth, Diana Diana.Suddreth at schools.utah.gov
Fri Dec 5 07:51:37 MST 2014

Dear Community Leaders,

We are excited to announce a new request for proposals for supporting teachers in their pursuit of the new Elementary STEM endorsement.  This endorsement was created in partnership with institutes of higher education, district leaders, and classroom teachers in Utah to develop a stronger knowledge of STEM subjects for Utah teachers in grades K-6.  The Utah State Office of Education is partnering with the STEM Action Center on this project to support this effort.

As this is a new opportunity in the community, and we would like to be able to make awards in the near future, we are going to be hosting a "Grants Application Day" for all interested LEA's and IHE's:

*         Thursday, January 8th, 2015

*         9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

*         Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT

*         RSVP - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GrantsDay

The purpose of this day is to help foster and create partnerships with interested entities, and allow for the development of a proposal in a single day workshop with access to STEM Action Center and Utah State Office of Education personnel to answer questions and provide support. (*Note: It is not required that an institution attend this event to apply for a grant, but it is highly recommended.)

In preparation for that date we recommend that you read through the Request for Proposals and engage personnel and faculty at your institution to outline your interest and points of contact for this proposal.  Please make sure that all personnel RSVP to the Grants Application date, so that we can provide the proper space and lunch for all participants.

Reminder that the course frameworks for the Elementary STEM endorsement are available on a shared Google drive (goo.gl/z0mEeh).  This RFP and Grants Application Day details will be available on the STEM Action Center website in the near future.

Please share this information and opportunity with others in your communities, and let me know if you have additional questions that I can help to answer.  We are looking forward to bringing enhanced knowledge of STEM content and skills to both elementary teachers and students in Utah.

Sincerely,

Sarah Young
STEM Liaison
Utah State Office of Education