[Curriculum Directors] Literacy Directors Meeting 9.9.14
Jennifer.Throndsen at schools.utah.gov
Sun Aug 31 07:46:23 MDT 2014
Hello Everyone (Note: If you sent me an email with an updated Literacy Director, the file that information was updated in was corrupted; therefore, I will need that information again and please forward this email to the correct individual. I apologize for the inconvenience.),
We will be holding the September State Literacy Directors Meeting on Tuesday, September 9th from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon. This first meeting of the school year will be combined with both Elementary and Secondary Literacy Directors. The meeting will be held here at the Utah State Office of Education in the Board Room.
The agenda items we are planning to discuss are:
1. SAGE Update from both elementary and secondary assessment specialists;
2. Status of Utah Compose and Formative SAGE System;
3. Resources and Open Education through USOE Creative Commons;
4. Timeline for Standards Revisions;
5. Collaborative learning on What works in writing instruction; and,
6. Learning Needs and Resource Assessment for future planning to meet district K-12 literacy needs.
Additionally, there will be a couple topics specific to elementary that we will cover at the end. These will include an update from Sheri Ebert on K-3 Reading Achievement goals and discussion surrounding SLOs for K-2.
In an effort to go paperless, we will post all handouts electronically online in lieu of paper copies. If you want hard copies, please plan on printing those prior to the meeting. All materials will be posted by Monday, September 8 at noon at http://schools.utah.gov/CURR/langartelem/Actions-and-Programs/State-Literacy-Meetings.aspx.
The meeting will be available through Adobe Connect for those who aren't able to make the trip to the USOE-- connect.schools.utah.gov/slc<http://connect.schools.utah.gov/slc>.
Please register in OnTrack<https://usoe.truenorthlogic.com/ia/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP>, course #60767. Registration directions are listed below.
Registration in OnTrack:
1. Login to OnTrack: http://usoe.truenorthlogic.com/ (user name: first.lastname, password: CACTUS ID)
2. Click on the Professional Learning tab at the top.
3. Fill in the search box with the course number: 60767. Click enter. This will take you to the Meeting in the Learning Opportunity Catalog.
4. Click on the blue title for State Literacy Meetings 2014-2015<https://usoe.truenorthlogic.com/ia/tag.ea061faea66e5fdc.render.userLayoutRootNode.target.n114.uP?$orpath=/empari/learning/course/search/viewCourseSearchResults&uP_root=n114&searchString=60767>
5. Click on the Section labeled #70446 September 2014 Curriculum Directors Meeting<https://usoe.truenorthlogic.com/ia/tag.ea061faea66e5fdc.render.userLayoutRootNode.target.n114.uP?$orpath=/empari/learning/course/viewCourse&courseId=60767&uP_root=n114> on the left side.
6. Click on the Register Button on the top right of the Section box.
6. *Important* Make sure to click on the Next Button in the next window to confirm your registration. If you do not see the window titled Registration Confirmation telling you "Congratulations, you have successfully registered for the course: " State Literacy Directors Meetings 2014-2015" you have not completed your registration. You will also receive an email message from noreply at truenorthlogic confirming your registration.
We look forward to meeting soon. Please contact me with any questions.
Literacy Coordinator, Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CD