[Curriculum Directors] FW: Send out to CD list

Dickson, Sydnee Sydnee.Dickson at schools.utah.gov
Sat Aug 23 17:35:39 MDT 2014

Curriculum Directors,

I hope this message finds you all well and that you had a fun, successful, productive, summer.  Many of your schools are back in session or will be shortly.  We wish you well on these first few weeks of getting teachers and students settled in.  You have likely heard the news that our beloved leaders, Supt. Martell Menlove and Deputy Superintendent Brenda Hales, are retiring.  In addition, my esteemed colleagues, Director Karl Wilson and Director Mary Shumway are also retiring.   We are happy for all four of these outstanding educators who have left amazing legacies of impacting the lives of many young people.

The work at USOE continues and interim appointments have been made until a new superintendent is in place later this fall.  The appointments are as follows:

Interim Superintendent, Joel Coleman
Interim Deputy  Superintendent, Sydnee Dickson
Interim Director, Teaching and Learning, Diana Suddreth
Interim Director, Federal Programs, Ann White
Interim Director, Career and Technical Education, Thalea Longhurst

I look forward to our continued work together as education colleagues and hope to see you at the September 10th Curriculum Directors Meeting.

With appreciation,

Sydnee Dickson, Ed. D.
Deputy Associate Superintendent
Utah State Office of Education
sydnee.dickson at schools.utah.gov<mailto:sydnee.dickson at schools.utah.gov>
801-538-7515 wk

Please note Utah has a very broad public records law.  Most written communication to or from our state employees regarding state business are public records availiable to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.