[Curriculum Directors] Curriculum Directors Regional Meetings

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Fri Nov 15 12:21:10 MST 2013

Colleagues,
We are looking forward to meeting with you out in the field.  We enjoy coming to district settings and having dialogue in smaller groups.  We hope it is beneficial to you as well.

In order to be fully engaged in meaningful dialogue, we would like you to come prepared with your K-3 reading goals and district plan.  We will be discussing the following items in regards to your plan:

*        Appropriate reading goals

*        Plans aligned with goals

*        Parent notification procedures

*        Implementation strategies

*        School accountability for district goals

Additionally, we will be discussing new graduation pathways and student grading policies.  Your input is valuable to the Board as we think about new policies.  We look forward to see you in the coming week.

OnTrack registration will close tonight at midnight. It is very important for you to register so we will be prepared with the appropriate amounts of materials and meals. Search for Course #59541 in the Professional Learning Tab and click on the register button for the location you wish to attend. If you cannot attend in person, we will be holding an interactive webinar on Tuesday, Nov. 26th at 10:00 am.  You can also register for the webinar in OnTrack.

Thanks for your generosity in working with us, and your devotion to improving instruction.

Sydnee Dickson
Director, Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education
801-538-7788 wk
801-538-7769 fax

Please note Utah has a very broad public records law.  Most written communication to or from our state employees regarding state business are public records availiable to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.