[Curriculum Directors] Announcing Healthy STEM 5K and STEM FAIR

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Fri Mar 29 09:01:41 MDT 2013

Dear STEM Community,

The Utah State Office of Education is going to be hosting the first annual Healthy STEM 5K and STEM Fair on Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 8 AM at the Salt Lake Center for Science Education in Salt Lake City, UT.  This event combines exercise for the body and mind and is intended for teachers, students, administrators, and community members.  Please see full event details below or in the attached flyer.

ACTION STEPS REQUESTED:

1.     Please share this with your community.  There are prizes for the schools with the highest number of participants, so share with your administrators, teachers, and students.

2.     We are in need of Healthy STEM Fair Presenters.  This is a great opportunity to share amazing STEM engagement from our schools with the community.  This can be presentations from museums, universities or colleges, K-12 school teachers or even K-12 students.  There is NO FEE to present.  For more details and to sign-up for a table please contact sarah.young at schools.utah.gov<mailto:sarah.young at schools.utah.gov>.

All proceeds go to support Utah's MESA National Competition Team.  We look forward to seeing you there!
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE2C59.417F0D00]