[Curriculum Directors] New ED Fellowship for Principals

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Tue Jun 18 15:08:02 MDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

You may have heard, but I wanted to let you know that we recently announced that we are launching a Principal Ambassador Fellowship and the application for the 2013-2014 Campus Principal Ambassador Fellowship<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/345185000>, the part-time Fellowship, is now available. It is open until July 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM. Please share it with your networks and flag for any particularly great principals you know.

A blog announcing the new Fellowship is at http://go.usa.gov/bQdm and I've included a blurb below to forward to staff members to include in any relevant newsletters, list-serve messages, blogs or tweets. It is critical that the selected principals represent the diverse settings in which our students learn and the broad array of needs of students served by the Federal programming you champion.

For those who haven't met him yet, I also want to introduce Josh Klaris, our 2013-2014 Resident Principal. Josh is a Doctoral student in the EdLD program at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and is doing his third year residency requirement with us for the next 10 months. Josh comes to us after 9 years of working as an elementary school teacher before serving as a principal for over 12 years in schools in New York City, including P.S 183M, the Robert Louis Stevenson School, and the Dream Charter School which he helped co-found.

Josh will be working with the fantastic director of our Teaching Ambassador Fellowship program, Gillian Cohen-Boyer, to start up the program for principals.

Thank you for your assistance identifying a handful of terrific principals in the field who can work with Josh to help ED better connect with and support instructional leaders to carry out the kinds of improvements we all hope to see in schools.

Best,
Massie

Principal Fellows Application is Open!
Applications for the US Department of Education's inaugural Principal Ambassador Fellowship program are now available online<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/345185000>.  As the Principal Ambassador Fellowship<http://go.usa.gov/bQdm> is just getting underway, ED is only considering part-time Campus Fellows for 2013-2014. Principal Ambassadors are outstanding principals with a record of leadership, strong communication skills, and policy insight who contribute their school leadership expertise to the national dialogue and in turn facilitate discussions with educators across the country. Additionally, as pioneers, 2013 PAFs will play an active part in creating and shaping the program for future years to balance the needs of the Department with those of principals in the field. The Campus Principal Ambassador Fellowship is a paid position enabling principals to participate on a part-time basis from their home locations, working in collaboration with the Department's Regional and Federal Offices. To access the application and view eligibility requirements, please visit www.usajobs.gov<http://www.usajobs.gov> and apply for the Campus Principal Ambassador Fellowship<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/345185000>. You can also sign up<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USED/subscriber/new?topic_id=USED_122> to receive updates about the Principal Ambassador Fellowship program or email us with questions at PrincipalFellowship at ed.gov<mailto:PrincipalFellowship at ed.gov>. Application deadline: July 16, 2013.