[Curriculum Directors] HB513 Information

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Thu Jun 13 13:25:41 MDT 2013

Curriculum Directors:

Emails are going out to your Superintendents or Charter School Leaders about the HB 513 program. There are three categories into which you may fall. I've put the text of the emails in the memos attached, which will also be published on the web.

1.      LEAs who participated last year

2.      LEAs who participated last year using Compass Learning or Ticket to Reading and will need to change

3.      LEAs who did NOT participate last year

Please email me if you have any questions. I'm getting the website updated as quickly as possible.

If you are participating this year: I'm going to be emailing your LEA with a request for DIBELS data (composite score) for the schools who participated for the evaluation. This is very important, as it will help us compare how the software and the DIBELS scores look when lined up. Please stay tuned!

Thank you.

Tiffany Hall
K-12 Literacy Coordinator
Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education
Please note: Utah has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state employees regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.